Parascience is the study of subjects that are outside the scope of, or phenomena that is not recognised to exist by, the natural and social sciences because their occurrence is not established and cannot be explained by accepted scientific theory, or because it cannot be tested by conventional scientific methods.
Parascience is not pseudoscience. Pseudoscience claims to be scientific, but isn't; parascience does not claim to be scientific.
- Alternative medicine – health-related ideas that are not accepted by conventional medicine
- Fringe science – science-related ideas that are not accepted by mainstream science
- Non-science – academic fields that aren't science, e.g., art
- Occult science
- Protoscience – early efforts at understanding the natural and social sciences
- Pseudo-scholarship – claims to be scholarly, but isn't
- Collins English Dictionary. Copyright Harper Collins Publishers
- Hansson, Sven Ove (2017). Zalta, Edward N. (ed.). The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Summer 2017 ed.). Metaphysics Research Lab, Stanford University.