Coat of arms
Location of Masku in Finland
|Coordinates: 60°34′N 022°06′E|
|• Municipal manager||Arto Oikarinen|
|• Total||204.01 km2 (78.77 sq mi)|
|• Land||174.90 km2 (67.53 sq mi)|
|• Water||29.21 km2 (11.28 sq mi)|
|Area rank||271st largest in Finland|
|• Rank||106th largest in Finland|
|• Density||54.58/km2 (141.4/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.2% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||22.8%|
|• 15 to 64||64.9%|
|• 65 or older||12.3%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||17.5%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Southwest Finland region. The municipality, which is located just north of Turku, has a population of 9,546 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 204.01 square kilometres (78.77 sq mi) of which 29.21 km2 (11.28 sq mi) is water. The population density is 54.58 inhabitants per square kilometre (141.4/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish. The municipality has also been known as "Masko" in Swedish. The swedish name no longer has official status, and is considered outdated according to the Institute for the Languages of Finland.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Kotimaisten kielten tutkimuskeskus :: Kuntien nimet Archived 2011-12-23 at the Wayback Machine
- Municipality of Masku – Official website (in Finnish)