Maria Rain

Maria Rain (Slovene: Žihpolje) is a town in the district of Klagenfurt-Land in the Austrian state of Carinthia, known for its Baroque parish and pilgrimage church (rebuilt between 1700 and 1729).

Maria Rain

Coat of arms
Maria Rain
Location within Austria
Coordinates: 46°33′N 14°18′E
CountryAustria
StateCarinthia
DistrictKlagenfurt-Land
Government
  MayorProf . Franz Ragger
Area
  Total25.5 km2 (9.8 sq mi)
Elevation
552 m (1,811 ft)
Population
 (2018-01-01)[2]
  Total2,584
  Density100/km2 (260/sq mi)
Time zoneUTC+1 (CET)
  Summer (DST)UTC+2 (CEST)
Postal code
9161
Area code04227

Geography

Maria Rain lies in the Rosental, 8 km south of Klagenfurt between the Sattnitz massif and the Drau, which is dammed here to form the Ferlach Reservoir.

Population

According to the 2001 census 3.9% of the population are Carinthian Slovenes.

Village Number of people 1991 Percent of Slovenes 1991 Percent of Slovenes 1951
Saberda/Zabrda 37 10.8% 4.2%
Obertöllern / Zgornje Dole 20 15.0% 42.4%
Stemeritsch/Smeriče 29 3.4% 0%
Oberguntschach / Zg. Humče 23 0% 14.3%
St. Ulrich / Šenturh 81 2.5% 8.0%
Toppelsdorf / Dolča vas 65 0% 23.3%

References

This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.