On the 28th of January 2019 The Linux Foundation announced Mapzen would become a Linux Foundation Project.
- Bliss, Laura (2015-05-12). "Interactive Maps Can Now Get the 'Matrix' Treatment". CityLab. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "Mapzen - OpenStreetMap Wiki". wiki.openstreetmap.org.
- "Made With Mapzen · Mapzen". www.mapzen.com.
- "Mapzen". GitHub.
- AppleInsider (2015-06-30). "Samsung subsidiary Mapzen hiring Apple cartographers, designers for maps initiative". AppleInsider. Retrieved 2017-08-16.
- "Mapzen Shutdown :( · Mapzen". www.mapzen.com.
- Marshall, Aarian. "An Open Source Startup Dies, But Mapping Is Still Hotter Than Ever". WIRED. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- Foundation, The Linux (2019-01-28). "Mapzen Open Source Data and Software for Real-Time Mapping Applications to Become A Linux Foundation Project". The Linux Foundation. Retrieved 2019-01-28.