List of hospitals in Niger
This is a list of hospitals in Niger. While the World Bank classified 40 hospitals in Niger in 2001, most are small clinics. There were on 296 Physicians in a country of over 13 million people in 2004. Some of the larger hospitals are listed below.
Niamey Capitol District
|Lamordé National Hospital (Centre Hospitalier et Universitaire – CHU)||Niamey|
|La Maternité Issaka Gazoby||Niamey|
|Gamkalley Clinic (Private)||Niamey|
|CURE Hôpital des Enfants au Niger (Charitable)||Niamey||2010|
National Hospital of Niamey
Created in 1922 by the colonial administration, it received the title of National Hospital of Niamey (Hopital National de Niamey or HNN) in 1962. It is a modern and government operated hospital in the capital of Niger. It is the largest hospital in the country that provides a full range of medical and surgical services to patients in Niamey and the rest of the country. Along with the Lamorde National Hospital, it is the leading hospital in the country. Other regional hospitals refer cases to the National Hospital of Niamey and the Lamorde National Hospital when in need. It is equipped with radiology equipment and provides psychiatry, neurosurgery and cardiology services.
|Galmi Hospital (charitable)||Galmi|
|Mayahi District Hospital||Maradi|
|Guidan Roumji Hospital||Maradi|
|Dosso Regional Hospital||Dosso|
- World Health Organisation: health personnel statistics.
- Niger: Surgical Implant Generation Network.
- Fistula Care: Niger country overview Archived 19 October 2010 at the Wayback Machine. USAID.
- Website of CURE Hôpital des Enfants au Niger
- Fight for survival: Saving undernourished children in Niger. Nina Marinek. UNICEF. (2006)
- UNICEF supports maternal and newborn health in Niger. Sandra Bisin. UNICEF. (2008)
- Doctors in Niger Archived 20 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine. US EMBASSY, Niamey (November 2007)
- UN Secretary-General visits UNICEF-supported hospital in Niger. Kent Page. UNICEF (2005)
- VILLAGES WITH CLINICS/HOSPITALS: REPUBLIC OF NIGER. PRELIMINARY ATLAS OF POVERTY/VULNERABILITY. Prepared for The World Bank Technical Department, Africa Region (2001)
- Niger: sign-post.org. Todd Ulmer, MD (June 2008) Surgical Implant Generation Network, Richland, WA, US
- Participating Hospitals: BlueCard Worldwide (2002).