List of Egyptian castles, forts, fortifications and city walls
Many buildings in Egypt can be put under the classification of Castles, Citadels, Forts, Fortifications.
List by age
- Siwa Oasis fortification, Western desert of Egypt
- QasrAllam fort
- Persian fort of Rhakortis, North coast
- Naucratis Greek fort
- Al-Heita fort, Eastern desert, Qena.
Red Sea & Eastern desert
- Quseir Castle
Alexandria & North coast
List by areas & time
- Qaitbey Castle.
- Fort Pharos
- Fort Silsileh
- Fort Adda
- Fort Ras-el-Tin
- Fort Marabout
- Fort Adjemi
- Citadel of Mex
- Fort Kamaria
- Fort Om Qabeba
- Fort Saleh Aga
Sinai castles, forts, fortifications and citadels
- 13th century BC The Way of Horus coastel & Sinai forts.
- 13th century BC Tharu castle.
- 13th century BC Boto Fort (by Seti I), (Qatia area), Sinai.
- 13th century BC Tel Habwa Fort (by Seti I), (Qantara area), Sinai
- 13th century BC Tel Kadwa Fort, Sinai
- 13th century BC Tel Al Hebr Fort, Sinai
- 13th century BC Kharouba Fort, Sinai
- 13th century BC Baer Al-Abd Fort, Sinai
- Unknown time Pharonic El Tina castle, Beer Al Abd, North Sinai
- Circa 100 BC Ptolemaic Fort of Tal Abou Sayfi, South of Qantara Sharq city.
- 200 AD Roman Fort of Tal Abou Sayfi, South of Qantara Sharq city (by Emperor Maximinus Thrax).
- Unknown time Roman Lahfen castle near Al-Arish.
- Saint Catherine's Monastery fortification, Mount Sinai, Sinai Peninsula.
- 640 AD Farma (Pelusium) citadel.
- 7th century AD Justinian's Strasini Fort, Tel Felosiyia, near Pelusium.
- 7th century AD Garha Roman fort, on Bardawil lake, North Sinai.
- Unknown time Byzantine fort, qaseema, Hosna, Middle Sinai.
- Unknown time Al-Mohammadyia Arabic Fort, Beer Al Abd, North Sinai.
- 1115 AD Al-Soubak Fort (by Baldwin), Wadi Araba.
- 1116 Ad Aiyla fort (by Baldwin), Aiyla city, Aqaba bay.
- 1116 AD Pharaoh Island Fort (by Baldwin), Aqaba bay.
- 1117 AD Wadi Musa fort (by Baldwin).
- 1181 AD Aiyla Island Castle (by Ayyobids).
- 1182 AD Salah El-Din castle Sedr, Sinai.
- 1184 AD Qalaat Al-Gindi (by Saladin), Ras Sedr, Sinai.
- 1184 AD Salah El-Din castle, Taba (Pharaoh Island), Sinai.
- 1516 AD Al-Arish citadel (by Al-Ashraf Qansuh al-Ghawri).
- 1516 AD Al-Baghla fort (by Al-Ashraf Qansuh al-Ghawri).
- 1516 AD Naqab Al-Aqaba Fort(by Al-Ashraf Qansuh al-Ghawri).
- 1516 AD An-Nakhl Fortress (by Al-Ashraf Qansuh al-Ghawri).
- 1799 AD Qatiyah Fort, West of sinai (by General Lograng of Napoleon Army).
- 1799 Siege of El Arish Castle
- 1893 Nuweiba Castle.
- 1910s Turkish Fortifications at Hosna, middle Sinai.
- 1910s Turkish Fortifications at Al-Arish Castle, North Sinai.
- 1910s Turkish Fortifications at Nekhel, Sinai.
- 1910s Turkish Fortifications at Salah El Din Castle, South Sinai.
- 1960s & 1970s Egyptian Defensive fortifications built by Egyptian Armed forces during the Attrition war on the Western bank of Suez canal & Bar Lev Line of fortifications on Eastern side of Suez Canal (by Israel occupation forces).
- 1990s Touristic Castle Zaman, Sinai
- Unknown time Ain al Qudairat Fort, Hosna, North Sinai.
- Qasr (disambiguation)
- List of buildings
- List of fortifications
- List of castles
- List of forts
- List of walls
- List of cities with defensive walls
- List of established military terms (Engineering)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fortresses in Egypt.|
- UNESCO, Decision Text, World Heritage Centre, retrieved 21 July 2017
- Ancient Egypt military architecture
- Alexander the Great
- Tandamane works
- Qantara East history
- Niebuhr travels
- Said Aly Sinai, the Meaning and Importance (in Arabic) ISBN 977-437-760-5
- Large old Sinai fortress
- Ramsis II Pelusium Fort
- Tharu fortifications
- Tharu castle thesis
- Siwa Oasis
- Buhen castle
- Ancient Egypt architecture
- Egyptian Fortresses in Nubia Archived 2009-08-30 at the Wayback Machine
- Babylon fort history & photos
- Roman forts in Kharga Oasis
- Kharga Oasis
- Castellum of Badia
- Red Sea Roman fort wall
- Fayoum Roman fort
- Egypt history
- Alexandria histories
- Al Fustat city walls
- Alexandria history
- Quseir Fort
- Sinai castles Archived 2008-02-14 at the Wayback Machine
- Photo of Qalaat Al-Gindi
- North Sinai forts
- Description of Nakhl Fortress
- El Tina castle
- Siwa fot photo
- Siwa Villa & Fort photo
- Rain damage of Siwa fort
- Siwa old photos
- Siwa Oasis
- Alex history
- Marsa Matrouh
- Matruh Fortified position
- Italian invasion of Egypt
- Africa Korps Archived 2008-08-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Sidi Barani fortified camps
- 1.JmA - Compass
- North Africa battle
- Fortified Alam el Halfa
- Fortified Alam el Halfa
- Sollum Fortified camp
- Operation Crusader
- Battle of the Omars
- North Africa campagain
- le général Rommel
- Fry, Michael, and Hochstein, Miles. "The Forgotten Middle East Crisis of 1957: Gaza and Sharm el Sheikh." International History Review 15 (1993): 46 - 83 "The Forgotten Middle East Crisis of 1957: Gaza and Sharm el Sheikh."
- Castle Zaman