Lazarus Component Library
The LCL consists of a collection of units that provide components and classes especially for visual tasks. It is based on the Free Pascal libraries RTL and FCL. By binding platform-specific widgetsets it supports platform-sensitive software development for several operating systems including Android, Desktop Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. Lazarus source code files is under a mix of licenses: GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2), a modified LGPL, and the MPL.
It was reported on the GitHub Lazarus repository on 26 August 2013 (latest information as of September 2014) that the LCL supported Linux (gtk, gtk2 and qt4), all flavors of Windows including WinCE, Mac OS X (carbon, gtk, qt4), and FreeBSD (gtk, gtk2), with experimental support for Solaris and the native Pascal backend fpgui which runs on Windows, WinCE and Linux.
- Michaël van Canneyt; Florian Klämpfl (2012), Free Pascal (Free Pascal 2 ed.), Computer & Literatur Verlag GmbH, ISBN 978-3936546729, 393654672X
- Michaël van Canneyt; Mattias Gärtner; Swen Heinig; Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho; Inoussa Ouedraogo; Jörg Braun (2011), Lazarus, Böblingen, Germany: Computer & Literatur Verlag GmbH
- Michaël van Canneyt; Mathias Gärtner; Swen Heinig; Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho; Inoussa Ouedraogo (2011), Lazarus - the complete guide, Blaise Pascal Magazine
- Roderick Person (2013), Getting Started with Lazarus IDE, Packt Publishing, ISBN 978-1782163404, 1782163409
- Menkaura Abiola-Ellison (2015), Getting Started with Lazarus and Free Pascal, Mka publishing, ISBN 978-1507632529