Coat of arms
Location of Kustavi in Finland
|Coordinates: 60°32.8′N 021°21.5′E|
|• Municipal manager||Veijo Katara|
|• Total||770.15 km2 (297.36 sq mi)|
|• Land||166.43 km2 (64.26 sq mi)|
|• Water||603.45 km2 (232.99 sq mi)|
|Area rank||273rd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||303rd largest in Finland|
|• Density||5.55/km2 (14.4/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||96.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||12.3%|
|• 15 to 64||61.3%|
|• 65 or older||26.4%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.25%|
It is in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Southwest Finland region. The municipality has a population of 924 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 770.15 square kilometres (297.36 sq mi) of which 603.45 km2 (232.99 sq mi) is water. The population density is 5.55 inhabitants per square kilometre (14.4/sq mi).
There are over 2,000 isles within the municipal area.
The municipality is a very popular summer resort and contains over 2,800 summer cottages. The population increases tenfold during the summer months. The larger events are Volter Kilpi literature week in July and Salmon market (Lohimarkkinat) in August. The basic services of the municipality include 3 groceries, a liquor store, a library and a bank. There are two ferry connections to Brändö and Iniö.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Municipality of Kustavi – Official website