Kimitoön (Finnish: Kemiönsaari) is a municipality of Finland. It was created on January 1, 2009, when the municipalities of Dragsfjärd, Kimito and Västanfjärd were consolidated into a single municipality.
Kimitoön – Kemiönsaari
Coat of arms
Location of Kimitoön in Finland
|Coordinates: 60°10′N 022°44′E|
|• Municipal manager||Anneli Pahta|
|• Total||2,800.99 km2 (1,081.47 sq mi)|
|• Land||686.93 km2 (265.23 sq mi)|
|• Water||2,113.94 km2 (816.20 sq mi)|
|Area rank||123rd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||142nd largest in Finland|
|• Density||9.77/km2 (25.3/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Swedish||71.4% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||14.4%|
|• 15 to 64||60.3%|
|• 65 or older||25.3%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.75%|
The municipality is located in the Archipelago Sea in the Southwest Finland region. The municipality has a population of 6,711 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 2,800.99 square kilometres (1,081.47 sq mi) of which 2,113.94 km2 (816.20 sq mi) is water. The population density is 9.77 inhabitants per square kilometre (25.3/sq mi).
Results of the 2015 Finnish parliamentary election in Kimitoön:
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Kimitoön.|
- Municipality of Kimitoön – Official website (in Swedish) (in Finnish)