Kfar Monash (Hebrew: כְּפַר מוֹנַשׁ, lit. Monash Village) is a moshav in central Israel. Located in the northern part of the Sharon plain and covering 2,700 dunams, it falls under the jurisdiction of Hefer Valley Regional Council. In 2018 it had a population of 958.
|Coordinates: 32°20′49.55″N 34°54′56.15″E|
|Founded by||Australian immigrants|
The moshav was founded in 1946 by Jewish former Australian servicemen, and was named after the Jewish Australian general, Sir John Monash. It is known among archaeologists as the finding place of the Kfar Monash Hoard.
The Ruppin Academic Center, established in 1949, is located nearby. At its founding, the village contained a sophisticated printing press and was engaged in producing maps and atlases. However, the economic crisis in the early 1950s led to its closure in 1953, and agriculture became the main livelihood of most residents.
Local agriculture and husbandry consists primarily of citrus orchards, but also includes growing flowers in greenhouses, and raising chickens and turkeys.
- "Population in the Localities 2018" (XLS). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. 25 August 2019. Retrieved 26 August 2019.
- Who's who in Jewish History.
- History of Israel.
- "Ruppin Academic Center – The Council for Higher Education of Israel". che.org.il.