Kadambari (2015) is a Bengali film directed by Suman Ghosh and produced by Rakesh Singh. The music of the film was composed by Bickram Ghosh. This is a biopic of Kadambari Devi, the sister-in-law of Rabindranath Tagore and Konkona Sen Sharma and Parambrata Chatterjee played the lead roles.
|Directed by||Suman Ghosh|
|Written by||Suman Ghosh|
|Music by||Bickram Ghosh|
|Edited by||Sujay Datta Ray|
This is a biopic of Kadambari Devi, the sister-in-law of Rabindranath Tagore, and daughter-in-law of Debendranath Tagore. Rabindranath's elder brother Jyotirindranath Tagore married Kadambari. In 1868 when Kadambari came to Jorasanko Thakur Bari Rabidranath was 7 years old and Kadambari was 2 years elder than Rabindranath. Very soon Rabindranath became Kadambari's friend and playmate. She inspired young Rabindranath in composing many of his poems and songs. On 9 December 1883, Rabindranath married Mrinalini Devi. Four months after the marriage on 21 April (1884), Kadambari committed suicide. The director captured these details, and specially the relationship between Kadambari and Rabindranath in this film.
Upam Buzarbaruah of The Times of India reviewed "Kadambari is a film you shouldn't miss. Yes, it has its minor flaws, but when it comes to being an entertainer, it gets full marks."
- "Konkona plays Kadambari Debi in Suman Ghosh's film". The Indian Express. 28 November 2014. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- Buzarbaruah, Upam (20 April 2016). "Kadambari Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- "'কাদম্বরী': রবি জীবনের ধ্রুবতারা যখন পর্দায়". bdnews24. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- "Kadambari film". Anandabazar Patrika. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- "Kadambari Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 May 2015.