S:t Karins stad
Coat of arms
Location of Kaarina in Finland
|Coordinates: 60°24′N 022°22′E|
|• Town manager||Harri Virta|
|• Total||179.58 km2 (69.34 sq mi)|
|• Land||150.34 km2 (58.05 sq mi)|
|• Water||29.15 km2 (11.25 sq mi)|
|Area rank||276th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||35th largest in Finland|
|• Density||222.49/km2 (576.2/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||93.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||20%|
|• 15 to 64||65.6%|
|• 65 or older||14.3%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||18.5%|
It is located in the Southwest Finland region and is a neighbouring town of Turku, which is the capital of Southwest Finland, therefore Kaarina is a part of the Greater Turku region. The municipality has a population of 33,449 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 179.58 square kilometres (69.34 sq mi) of which 29.15 km2 (11.25 sq mi) is water. The population density is 222.49 inhabitants per square kilometre (576.2/sq mi).
The municipality of Kuusisto was consolidated with Kaarina in 1946. The municipality of Piikkiö was consolidated with Kaarina on January 1, 2009. At the same time, Kaarina adopted the coat of arms of Piikkiö.
Results of the 2011 Finnish parliamentary election in Kaarina:
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Kaarinalla on viisi ystävyyskaupunkia" (in Finnish). City of Kaarina. 7 April 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2019.