International Association for Statistical Computing
The International Association for Statistical Computing (IASC) was founded during the 41st Session of the International Statistical Institute (ISI) in 1977, as a Section of the ISI.
The objectives of the association are to foster worldwide interest in effective statistical computing and to exchange technical knowledge through international contacts and meetings between statisticians, computing professionals, organizations, institutions, governments and the general public.
The association is affiliated with the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP). It publishes the journal called Computational Statistics & Data Analysis (CSDA) and Statistical Software Newsletter (CSDA SSN).
- Past presidents
- Mervin E. Muller (USA) 1977–1979
- Sir Maurice Kendall (UK) and Wilfried J. Dixon (USA) 1979–1981
- Ramanathan Gnanadesikan (India) 1981–1983
- Svein Nordbotten (Norway) 1983–1985
- Klaus Neumann (GDR) 1985–1987
- Masashi Okamoto (Japan) 1987–1989
- John M. Chambers (USA) 1989–1991
- Norbert Victor (Germany) 1991–1993
- Natale Carlo Lauro (Italy) 1993–1995
- Murray A. Cameron (Australia) 1995–1997
- Edward J. Wegman (USA) 1997–1999
- Lutz Edler (Germany) 1999–2001
- Jae C. Lee (Korea) 2001–2003
- Stanley P. Azen (USA) 2003–2005
- Gilbert Saporta (France) 2005–2007
- Jaromir Antoch (France) 2007–2009
- Yutaka Tanaka (Japan) 2009–2011
- Karen Kafadar (USA) 2011–2013
- Paula Brito (Portugal) 2013–2015
- Patrick Groenen (Netherlands) 2015–2017
- Current president
- Wing Kam Fung (Hong Kong) 2017–2019
- About IASC
- International Statistical Institute, Congress (1977). Proceedings of the 41st session of the International Statistical Institute (Actes de la 41ème session [de l'Institut international de statistique). Bulletin of the International Statistical Institute. New Delhi: ISI. Books 1–3 Invited papers. 4 v. Articles in English and French.
- Computational Statistics & Data Analysis journal home page).
- CSDA Statistical Software Newsletter.
- International Association for Statistical Computing IASC home page
- Computational Statistics & Data Analysis Journal home page