Glasgow Dental Hospital and School
|Glasgow Dental Hospital and School|
Glasgow Dental Hospital and School, Sauchiehall Street
Shown in Glasgow
|Affiliated university||University of Glasgow|
|Lists||Hospitals in Scotland|
The Glasgow Dental School was formed as part of Anderson's College in 1879. It moved to Dalhousie Street in 1903.
The current hospital is a category B listed Art Deco building on Renfrew Street which was designed by Wylie, Wright and Wylie and completed in 1931. The Dental School began issuing the Bachelor of Dental Surgery Degree of the University of Glasgow in 1948. A large extension fronting Sauchiehall Street was completed in the brutalist style by Melville Dundas & Whitson in 1970. The Glasgow Dental Education Centre, which is located adjacent to the Dental School, provides post-graduate and distance dental education.
- "Glasgow Dental Hospital and School". National Archives. Retrieved 22 January 2019.
- Historic Environment Scotland. "203-217 (Odd Nos) Renfrew Street, Incorporated Dental Hospital (Category B) (LB33106)". Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- "Melville Dundas & Whitson". Scottish Brutalism. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Glasgow Dental Education Centre". NHS Education for Scotland. Retrieved 22 January 2019.