Mkoa wa Geita (Swahili)
The Geita open pit gold mine.
Location in Tanzania
|• Regional Commissioner||Eng. Robert Gabriel Luhumbi|
|• Total||20,054 km2 (7,743 sq mi)|
|• Density||87/km2 (220/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
|Districts of Geita Region|
|Map with main roads in green||District||Population (2012)|
Two paved trunk roads pass through the region from east to west: road T3 (from Kahama to the Rwanda border), passes through the south of the region, while road T4 (from Mwanza to Bukoba) passes through the north of the region.
- Staff (15 March 2012). "JK names RCs for new regions". The Citizen. Dar es Salaam.
- "AngloGold Ashanti in Tanzania". AngloGold Ashanti. Archived from the original on 11 September 2016. Retrieved 21 September 2016.
- Staff (9 March 2012). "Tanzania: State Gazettes New Regions, Districts". Daily News. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Archived from the original on August 23, 2012.
- (in Swahili)"Taarifa Kwa Umma: Notisi Ya Kuanzisha Mikoa Na Wilaya", Ofisi Ya Waziri Mkuu Tawala Za Mikoa Na Serikali Za Mitaa, 9 September 2011
- "Geita Roads Network" (PDF). Tanroads. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2016.
- "Rubondo Island National Park". Tanzania National Parks. Archived from the original on 29 September 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2016.