|Time zone||UTC+2 (EST)|
Tanis was one of the most important centers in the city, and served as a capital during the 21st-23rd dynasties. It remained a major city until the Roman era. The city consists of many Roman, Greek and Egyptian antiquities.
- Douglas J. Brewer (20 August 2012). The Archaeology of Ancient Egypt: Beyond Pharaohs. Cambridge University Press. pp. 96–. ISBN 978-0-521-70734-3.
- "el Husseiniya". Sharkia Governorate Egypt Gov. Egypt Gov. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- "The transfer of a newly discovered archaeological tomb". Egypt Today. 25 July 2017. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- Brandl, Helmut; Bakr, Mohamed I. "Egyptian Antiquities from the Eastern Nile Delta". Humboldt Universität zu Berlin. Academia. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- "Centers and Cities". Sharqia Governorate. Egypt Gov. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- Website of the, Governorate of Sharqia. "Important city".