EN 16114 "Management consultancy services" is a standard published by the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) on September 28, 2011. It focuses on the providing of management consulting services by management consultancy service providers (MCSPs).
This standard was developed by CEN project committee CEN/PC 381. The group started work on EN 16114 on 8 and 9 September 2008 in Milan at the offices of APCO and the Italian standardization body (UNI), managed with the technical secretariat of UNI.
Three years later, the standard was first presented on November 9, 2011 at an event in Brussels at the headquarters of CEN and European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC) in the presence of representatives from the European Union and the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI) and the European Federation of Management Consultancies Associations (FEACO).
Subsequently, in the year 2016, the CEN has turned the PC 381 (Project Committee) born to the design of the standard EN 16114, in TC 381 (Technical Committee) permanent regulatory committee for the sector Management Consultancy Services.
Main requirements of the standard
The EN 16114 adopt the following structure:
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Normative references
- 3 Terms and definitions
- 4 Principles
- 5 Offering
- 6 Execution
- 7 Closure
The European standard provides guidance for the effective provision of management consulting services. The standard is applicable to all MCSPs in both the public and private sectors. The standard applies to any type of assignment of management for any type of customer advice. It does not place any obligation to the customer. The standard provides recommendations for the conduct of management consulting services, including:
- The legal and ethical issues (point 4);
- Management, communication and evaluation (step 4);
- Customer relations (point 4);
- Proposal and agreement (paragraph 5);
- Planning and execution (point 6);
- Closure (item 7).
The standard is independent of other regulatory or regulatory documents, such as:
- of small business support provision (see CEN/TS 99001);
- management systems for quality (see EN ISO 9001);
- public contracts (see the Public Procurement Directive 2004/18/EC).
The rule does not impose or interfere with any contractual obligations or intellectual property rights. Furthermore, it does not require or imply the need for third-party certification. It is not intended for certification, regulatory or contractual use, and is not intended nor designed to be used as a basis for personal or organizational status.
- List of EN standards
- List of ISO standards
- (PDF) https://www.cmc-global.org/sites/default/files/public/excom_report_2007-2009_for_congress_-_final_issued_version.pdf. Missing or empty
- "CEN - Technical Bodies - CEN/TC 381". standards.cen.eu.
- "International Connections - The International Council of Management Consulting Institutes".
- Ennsfellner, Ilse; Bodenstein, Robert; Herget, Josef (16 October 2013). Exzellenz in der Unternehmensberatung: Qualitätsstandards für die Praxis Inklusive der EN 16114. Springer-Verlag. ISBN 9783658014636 – via Google Books.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-03-20. Retrieved 2017-03-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "New European service standard for consulting".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to EN standards.|