|LGA(s)||West Coast Council|
The town was located 5 kilometres east of the town of Zeehan, and almost 10 kilometres west of the Mount Read township. The North East Dundas Tram branched off the Emu Bay Railway approximately 3 kilometres north east of the Dundas railway connection.
The newspaper the Zeehan and Dundas Herald (1902–1922) was one of the more significant newspapers of the west coast during its operation.
Mines and minerals
- "TASMANIA". Newcastle Morning Herald and Miners' Advocate (11, 933). New South Wales, Australia. 26 January 1892. p. 5. Retrieved 25 April 2016 – via National Library of Australia.
- "DUNDAS". Daily Post. VIII, (184). Tasmania, Australia. 7 August 1915. p. 5. Retrieved 25 April 2016 – via National Library of Australia.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "DUNDAS". Zeehan and Dundas Herald. XVI, (151). Tasmania, Australia. 10 April 1905. p. 4. Retrieved 25 April 2016 – via National Library of Australia.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- "RICH DISCOVERIES OF SILVER AT DUNDAS, TASMANIA". The Colac Herald. XXI, (2091). Victoria, Australia. 23 September 1890. p. 3. Retrieved 25 April 2016 – via National Library of Australia.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "ZEEHAN-DUNDAS SILVER-FIELD, TASMANIA". The Argus (Melbourne) (13, 928). Victoria, Australia. 13 February 1891. p. 7. Retrieved 25 April 2016 – via National Library of Australia.
- Tasmania. Department of Mines; Petterd, W. F. (William Frederick). Catalogue of mineral of Tasmania; Geological Survey of Tasmania (1970), Catalogue of the minerals of Tasmania (Rev. and amended 1969 ed.), Hobart, retrieved 17 April 2017
- "The Mineral Dundasite". Amethyst Galleries' Mineral Gallery. Retrieved 16 October 2009.
- Bottrill, R.S., Williams, P., Dohnt, S., Sorrell, S. and Kemp, N.R. 2006. Crocoite and associated minerals from Dundas and other locations in Tasmania. Australian Journal of Mineralogy, (Dundas Issue) 12, 59-90
- Bottrill, R. S. (2000) New minerals from old deposits: The Dundas Mineral Field, Tasmania in Abstracts Minerals and Museums 2000: 4th seminar. Melbourne, Victoria, June 2000.
- Reid, A. McIntosh. (1925) The Dundas mineral field Geological Survey Bulletin 36, Dept. of Mines, Hobart, Tasmania.
- Tilley, Wilberton. (1891) The wild west of Tasmania : being a description of the silver fields of Zeehan and DundasEvershed Bros., Zeehan, Tas. : Dundas, Tas. :
- Eaves, Rick (14 April 2017). "Dundas, long dead, lives on in new museum". ABC News.
- Haupt, J., 1988: Minerals of Western Tasmania. Mineralogical Record, Australia Issue, 196, 381-388
- Atkinson, H.K. (1991). Railway Tickets of Tasmania. ISBN 0-9598718-7-X.
- Blainey, Geoffrey (2000). The Peaks of Lyell (6th ed.). Hobart: St. David's Park Publishing. ISBN 0-7246-2265-9.
- Whitham, Charles (2003). Western Tasmania — A land of riches and beauty (Reprint 2003 ed.). Queenstown: Municipality of Queenstown.