Dorothy Mary Emmet (//; 29 September 1904 – 20 September 2000) was a British philosopher and head of Manchester University's philosophy department for over twenty years. With Margaret Masterman and Richard Braithwaite she was a founder member of the Epiphany Philosophers.
- Commonwealth Fellowship at Radcliffe College
- Tutor at Somerville College, Oxford
- Lecturer in philosophy at Armstrong College, Newcastle-upon-Tyne (now Newcastle University) in 1932
- She joined Manchester University as a lecturer in the philosophy of religion in 1938. She was named reader in philosophy in 1945 and was appointed Sir Samuel Hall professor of philosophy in 1946.
- President of the Aristotelian Society in 1953-54.
- Whitehead's Philosophy of Organism (1932)
- The Nature of Metaphysical Thinking (1945)
- Annual philosophical lecture to the British Academy (1949)
- The Stanton lectures in Cambridge (1950–53)
- Function, Purpose and Powers (1958)
- Rules, Roles and Relations (1966)
- Sociological Theory and Philosophical Analysis (1970; co-edited with Alasdair MacIntyre).
- In The Moral Prism (1979)
- The Effectiveness of Causes (1986)
- The Passage of Nature (1992)
- The Role of the Unrealisable (1994)
- Philosophers and Friends: Reminiscences of 70 Years in Philosophy (1996)
- James A. Bradley, André Cloots, Helmut Maaßen and Michel Weber (eds.), European Studies in Process Thought, Vol. I. In Memoriam Dorothy Emmet, Leuven, European Society for Process Thought, 2003 (ISBN 3-8330-0512-2).
- Leemon McHenry, "Dorothy M. Emmet (1904–2000)," in Michel Weber and Will Desmond (eds.). Handbook of Whiteheadian Process Thought (Frankfurt / Lancaster, Ontos Verlag, 2008, pp. 649 sq.). Cf. Ronny Desmet & Michel Weber (edited by), Whitehead. The Algebra of Metaphysics. Applied Process Metaphysics Summer Institute Memorandum, Louvain-la-Neuve, Les Éditions Chromatika, 2010.
- Leemon McHenry, “EMMET, Dorothy Mary (1904-2000)” Dictionary of Twentieth-Century British Philosophers, edited by Stuart Brown, Bristol: Thoemmes Press, 2005, pp. 266-268.