Czyżew [ˈt͡ʂɨʐɛf] is a town in Wysokie Mazowieckie County, Podlaskie Voivodeship, in north-eastern Poland. It is the seat of the gmina (administrative district) called Gmina Czyżew. It lies approximately 19 kilometres (12 mi) south-west of Wysokie Mazowieckie and 67 km (42 mi) south-west of the regional capital Białystok.
Church of Saints Peter and Paul
Coat of arms
|Coordinates: 52°47′45″N 22°19′45″E|
Czyżew previously held town rights from 1738 to 1870; it became a town again on 1 January 2011. The town was re-formed from three villages: Czyżew-Osada ("settlement"), Czyżew-Złote Jabłko ("golden apple") and Czyżew-Stacja ("station"). On the same date the district was renamed from Gmina Czyżew-Osada to Gmina Czyżew.