|Born||January 10, 1944|
Corvallis, Oregon, U.S.
|School or tradition||World-systems|
|Main interests||Systems theory, world-systems, sociology|
|Notable works||Global Formation: Structures of The World-Economy (1991)|
Education and career
Chase-Dunn earned his PhD in 1975 at Stanford University (studying under John W. Meyer) and has taught at The Johns Hopkins University (1975–2000) and at the University of California, Riverside (2000–present). He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and served as President (2002–06) of Research Committee 02 (Economy and Society) of the International Sociological Association from 2002 to 2006. He was Chair of the Section on International Political Economy of the International Studies Association from 1984 to 1986, and Chair of the Section on the Political Economy of the World-System of the American Sociological Association in 1982. He founded the Institute for Research on World-Systems at the University of California, Riverside. He is founding editor of the Journal of World-Systems Research, which is the official journal of the Political Economy of the World-System section of the American Sociological Association.
Chase-Dunn is the author, co-author, editor, or co-editor of over a dozen books, including most notably Global Formation: Structures of The World-Economy, a major theoretical synthesis and restatement of the world-systems approach to the study of social change.
- Global Formation: Structures of the World Economy. London, Oxford and New York: Basil Blackwell, 1999.
- Socialist States in the World System (ed.) Beverly Hills and London: Sage, 1982.
- Global Social Change. Historical and Comparative Perspectives (with S. B. Babones). Baltimore, Maryland: The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2006.
- Rise and Demise. Comparing World Systems (with Th. D. Hall). Boulder, Colorado: Westview Press, 1997.
- "Christopher Chase-Dunn". Paradigm Publishers. Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- "Christopher Chase-Dunn". University of California-Riverside. Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- Journal of World-Systems Research. (2017). Journal History. Retrieved from http://jwsr.pitt.edu/ojs/index.php/jwsr/about/history
- American Sociological Association. (2017). Journals. Retrieved from http://www.asanet.org/research-and-publications/journals
- Chase-Dunn, Christopher (1991). Global Formation: Structures of the World-Economy. Blackwell Pub. ISBN 1557862737.