CEN/TC 434 (CEN Technical Committee 434) is a technical body within the European Committee for Standardization (CEN) developing standards in the field of Electronic Invoicing.
Directive 2014/55/EU also required:
- the test ot the standard as to its practical application for an end user,
- a report on the outcome of the test to the European Parliament and the Council by the European Commission and, after the publication and the test of the standard,
- the publication in the Official Journal of the European Union of a reference to the European Standard together with the list of a limited number of syntaxes (that CEN published as TS 16931-2).
CEN/TC 434 has the following working groups (WGs):
- CEN/TC 434/WG 1 Core semantic data model
- CEN/TC 434/WG 3 Syntax bindings
- CEN/TC 434/WG 4 Guidelines at transmission level
- CEN/TC 434/WG 5 Extension methodology
- CEN/TC 434/WG 6 Test methodology and test results
- CEN/TC 434/WG 7 Registry Services
CEN/TC 434/WG 2 (List of syntaxes) was disbanded.
- EN 16931-1:2017 Electronic invoicing - Part 1: Semantic data model of the core elements of an electronic invoice (published on 2017-06-28)
- CEN/TS 16931-2:2017 Electronic invoicing - Part 2: List of syntaxes that comply with EN 16931-1 (published on 2017-06-28)
- CEN/TS 16931-3-1:2017 Electronic invoicing - Part 3-1: Methodology for syntax bindings of the core elements of an electronic invoice (published on 2017-07-05)
- CEN/TS 16931-3-2:2017/AC:2018 Electronic invoicing - Part 3-2: Syntax binding for ISO/IEC 19845 (UBL 2.1) invoice and credit note (published on 2018-07-18)
- CEN/TS 16931-3-3:2017 Electronic invoicing - Part 3-3: Syntax binding for UN/CEFACT XML Industry Invoice D16B (published on 2017-10-18)
- CEN/TS 16931-3-4:2017 Electronic invoicing - Part 3-4: Syntax binding for UN/EDIFACT INVOIC D16B (published on 2017-10-18)
- CEN/TR 16931-4:2017 Electronic invoicing - Part 4: Guidelines on interoperability of electronic invoices at the transmission level (published on 2017-07-05)
- CEN/TR 16931-5:2017 Electronic invoicing - Part 5: Guidelines on the use of sector or country extensions in conjunction with EN 16931-1, methodology to be applied in the real environment (published on 2017-07-05)
- CEN/TR 16931-6:2017 Electronic invoicing - Part 6: Result of the test of EN 16931-1 with respect to its practical application for an end user (published on 2017-10-18)
Thanks to an agreement between CEN and the European Commission EN 16931-1:2017 and CEN/TS 16931-2:2017 are available free of charge from the CEN members (i.e. the European national standardization bodies).
Schematron validation artefacts for UBL, CII and XML EDIFACT invoices, complant with EN 16931-1 are available here.
- "Event, CEN/TC434 - Public Conference - eInvoicing User Community - CEF Digital". ec.europa.eu. Europa (web portal), European Union. Retrieved 2019-01-10.
- "First milestone in eInvoicing with the publication of the first European Standard - CEN-CENELEC". www.cencenelec.eu. European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization. Retrieved 2019-01-10.
- "Navigating the eInvoicing standard documentation". CEF Digital. Retrieved 2019-07-01.
- Directive 2014/55/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 April 2014 on electronic invoicing in public procurement Text with EEA relevance, OJ L, 2014-05-06, retrieved 2019-07-01
- "EUR-Lex - 52017DC0590 - EN - EUR-Lex". eur-lex.europa.eu. Retrieved 2019-07-01.
- "Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2017/1870 of 16 October 2017 on the publication of the reference of the European standard on electronic invoicing and the list of its syntaxes pursuant to Directive 2014/55/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council". eur-lex.europa.eu. Retrieved 2019-07-01.