Bishakha Datta is an Indian film maker, activist and a former journalist. She is the co-founder and executive director of Point of View, based in Mumbai, a non-profit working in the area of gender, sexuality and women's rights. She also serves on the board of nonprofit organizations including Creating Resources for Empowerment in Action and the Wikimedia Foundation (2010-2014), where she was the first Indian to serve on the board of trustees.
Bishakha Datta at AWID 2016
Life and works
In 1998, Datta edited And Who Will Make the Chapatis?, an overview of the all-women political panchayats formed in Maharashtra, India. In 2003, her documentary In the Flesh: three lives in prostitution was released.
- Kurup, Deepa (14 April 2010). "And now, Wikipedia India's new face". The Hindu. Retrieved 5 November 2014.
- "Board". Point of View. Retrieved 5 November 2014.
- "Press releases: Bishakha Datta to join Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees". Wikimedia Foundation. 5 April 2010. Retrieved 5 November 2014.
- "Q&A with Bishakha Datta: First Indian on Wikimedia board of trustees". Mint. 6 April 2010. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Book Review: And Who Will Make the Chapatis?". SAWNET. 16 February 2009. Retrieved 27 November 2010.
- "The Hindu : Sex, truth, and videotape". The Hindu. 29 August 2002. Archived from the original on 31 August 2010. Retrieved 27 November 2010.
- Sharma, Kanika (15 November 2013). "Flesh Talkies". MiD DAY. Retrieved 5 November 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bishakha Datta.|