Air Link Pty Ltd is an airline and air charter company based in Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia. It operates air charter services and will recommence regular passenger services from November 2019. Its main base is Dubbo Airport.
|Parent company||Aviation Logistics Holdings|
The airline was formed and started operations in 1974 as an aircraft charter operation based in Dubbo. In 1989 the company was acquired by David and Barbara Miller. Regular regional airline services across western New South Wales were commenced in 1991, when Hazelton Airlines divested itself of its piston-engined aircraft and the routes served by those aircraft. On 30 November 2005 Regional Express Holdings acquired all the shares in Air Link, with David Miller appointed as Chief Executive, and it was run as an independent airline within the Regional Express group. On 10 November 2008 Regional Express Holdings announced that Air Link would cease all scheduled operations on 20 December and concentrate on its air charter and aircraft maintenance business. Scheduled services resumed again in 2014 with a daily return service between Dubbo and Sydney operated on behalf of Regional Express Airlines. In 2015, services commenced to Cobar in the company's Beech 1900D and in December 2017 Air Link ceased these flights. At the start of 2018 the company ceased all RPT operations for Regional Express, with the sole remaining Beech 1900D being sold in March and soon after suspended all charter flights. In September 2018, Regional Express Holdings sold the Air Link business to Aviation Logistics Holdings. From November 2019 it will recommence regular passenger services with flights to Bourke, Lightning Ridge and Walgett.
Prior to the cessation of scheduled services in December 2008, Air Link operated to the following destinations:
Prior to the second cessation of scheduled services, Air Link operated to the following destinations on behalf of Regional Express Airlines:
Destinations from the recommencement of services in November 2019:
- "ABNLookup - Current details for Air Link Pty Ltd". Archived from the original on 20 June 2008. Retrieved 10 June 2008.
- Air Link AOC. Archived 6 August 2008 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved: 10 November 2008
- "AIR LINK AND FLYPELICAN BRINGING FLIGHTS BACK TO WESTERN NSW". Australian Aviation. 27 August 2019. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 27 March 2007. p. 59.
- "Change to Air Link Operations" - Regional Express Media Release. Retrieved: 10 November 2008
- Australian civil aircraft register search Archived 11 May 2015 at the Wayback Machine, using "Air Link" as the search parameter. Search conducted 26 May 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air Link.|