Agricultural Trade Act of 1978
The Agricultural Trade Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-501) directed the establishment of trade offices in major centers of commerce throughout the world. The agricultural trade offices are operated by the Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) to develop, maintain, and expand international markets for U.S. agricultural commodities and serve as centers for export sales promotion and contact points for importers seeking to buy U.S. farm products.
|Other short titles||Agricultural Export Trade Expansion Act|
|Long title||An Act to strengthen the economy of the United States through increased sales abroad of United States agricultural commodities.|
|Enacted by||the 95th United States Congress|
|Effective||October 21, 1978|
|Statutes at Large||92 Stat. 1685|
|Titles amended||7 U.S.C.: Agriculture|
|U.S.C. sections amended||7 U.S.C. ch. 43 § 1761|
This article incorporates public domain material from the Congressional Research Service document "Report for Congress: Agriculture: A Glossary of Terms, Programs, and Laws, 2005 Edition" by Jasper Womach.